Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011/2012 - new attempt at being pain free

Way back, I posted some stuff about pain I use to feel in my various body parts using the following pain scale.

1=no pain (any movement can be made pain-free)
2=little pain (no pain when at rest, but minor pain occurs after physical activity)
3=moderate pain (little to no pain at rest, very painful after physical activity)
4=very painful (painful at rest, aggravated pain in certain positions and with repeated use for any activity)
5=can't bear the pain (a bit self-explanatory - always painful, radiating throughout the area and shows no sign of going away)


The pain has not returned to the levels I reported at that time, but I'm just sick of living with dull pain in my right hip and that pain restricting my ability to participate in physical activity. 

Pain in my hip restricts me from a lot of yoga poses, and after running 2-3km, i start experiencing 4.5 -5 levels of pain, which seems unacceptable. 

Pain in my shoulder I always attribute to working a desk job, but I know it could feel better.

So, I am now going to see a chiropractor in my neighborhood. Lucky for me, he uses ART (active release therapy), which I am very hopeful will help me. But now that I've started therapy again, I realized how banged up my body is.

I've got lots of clicking body parts: right shoulder, right hip, right knee (not the kind that's like cracking your knuckles). I'm sure the clicking I'm experiencing is due to interior scar tissue that is disrupting the natural movement of my joints. 

This guy tells me that the treatments he's going to do will break up the scar tissue and relieve the pain. I have my fingers crossed.

I'm going to baseline my pain again and hope that the next few sessions with this guy will have the phenomenal results I had last time around. 

Right hip: 3
Right shoulder: 2.5
Right knee: 0 ( I actually feel no pain here, but the chiro guy is the one who actually pointed out to me that it is clicking - I'm going to be pissed if this starts hurting)

Marie
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: