Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nice weather - what's not to love?

I know that our weather is an undoubtable (word?) sign global warming, but I cannot say that I am not happy. So far, this has been a fantastic winter, and I'm not afraid about jinxing it, because with everyday that passes, the days get longer and the heavens continue to follow their patterns so that Earth's relative position to the sun will physically disallow frigid weather in my part of the Northern Hemisphere!!!!

But, the balmy weather has also brought out the night critters. And for someone who's front door faces a city ravine, this is not good news. Last night, as I approached my door, there was a faint but unmistakeable odour in the air. I approached the yard with caution and there in the dark was the terror of the white streak of fur on a big, bushy-tailed, four-legged creature. Oh wait, there were more - at least 3 skunkies running around in my yard. How was I going to get home? I called Georges to let him know that I was outside devising a plan to get it. I was talking loudly to try and get them to run away, but they did not seem to show any fear.

I made the big mistake of walking away and when I got back, I didn't know where they were. Georges said he couldn't see them from outside the window. Then I saw something running off and decided the coast was clear. I made my own run for it and landed safely in my house.

Phew! Pepe LePew - we'll have to battle it out another time. I'm sure that I have not seen the last of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You jinxed it. It's winter this week.