Friday, April 21, 2006

Gelato = Good, Gelato deal = mm-mmm Good

Yesterday, Denise and I decided to go for a walk at lunch to enjoy the great weather we are having. Along Wellington, we discovered a really great meal deal at Solferino. It's a gelato cafe that Denise was already aware of, but what we found out together is that it probably has one of the best kept secret meal deals in the city. We got a healthy bowl of vegetarian chili, a latte bowl (with foam art) and a small gelato for less than $8 (tax incl.) . The chili is a genuine home made version with big chunks of peppers, carrots, garlic and a variety of beans and it even has a little spicy kick. I admit, I have had better lattes before, but the presentation was beautiful. I had never even heard of foam art before, but the frothy milk was designed to look like an apple with a star shaped flower carefully sprinked on top (with cocoa or some other sprinkly thing). But the best part is that gelato was included in the whole deal as well - I cannot actually attest to the taste of the gelato, because Denise and I shared the meal and the gelato was her portion, but I don't doubt it was delicious based on their stunning display of assorted frozen delights and the constant line-up out the door.

Denise and I have decided we must return there sometime soon - maybe because she bought this time and I definitely would use the opportunity to pay her back as a great excuse for another delicious excursion.

No comments: